Friday, September 12, 2008

Tip 1

When you are washing natural fibers like wool and cashmere you should wash by hand only. Also only dry flat on a towel. Now if you live some place warm you can dry the item on a towel outside. Most people place the item on the towel and dry in the bathroom. Do on line dry or hang to dry. There are detergent out there to wash natural fibers like wool and mohair but I would use shampoo. I would get a cheap shampoo or a conditioning shampoo.

I would twist out the extra water when rising. Don't pull on the item either. Also I know some people dry the item laying it out on a towel and then roll up the towel. This is ok on some items, specially it the item is small but be careful when doing this. If you own a sweater dryer that is ok too.

I wouldn't put an item in the dryer to dry. Only on low heat or fluff to fluff or soften.

No comments: